5,000+ Jobs Available5,000+ Jobs
Find your next job Now. Protect yourself from coronavirus (COVID-19). Get remote work. We provide the best remote work vacancies. Try search vacancy or just attach your resume, we will select for you the best vacancies within 48 hours
The Loudoun County Department of Animal Services located in Waterford/Leesburg Va, is currently accepting applications for an Animal Control Administrative Assistant.
Primary responsibilities will include performing data entry for dog licenses and rabies certificates, answering phone and email inquiries regarding licensing compliance, ensuring dog license notices are sent in a timely manner, and processing all web licensing sales to ensure accuracy and compliance. This position is also responsible for processing cash transmittals and credit card transactions, and creating and producing reports on licensing activities. This position will serve as a back up for the duties of a Dispatcher in the Department's communications center.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, have excellent customer service and written and oral communications skills, acute attention to detail, and an ability to work under pressure and as part of a team. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
DC Language Center is looking for Language Instructor a contract position located in Ashburn, Virginia. The contractor must be able to teach, test in their native languages or languages in which they have near-native proficiency, conduct testing examinations in any number of languages, develop language materials in a variety of formats, and/or manage projects. Contractors will develop, test, and/or support in any other fashion the linguistic competency of personnel of United States Government agencies and the eligible family members of those employees as measured by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) language proficiency skill level descriptions in speaking and reading. The skill level descriptions define five (5) levels of proficiency, from 0 to 5 (5 being functionally equivalent to an educated native speaker). -22: Proficiency levels in English or a foreign language are required to be flexible based on project needs. Proficiency level requirements for these CLINs will be provided in TOs at the time of the request to fill a position. * Foreign Language Candidates must be educated native or near-native speakers of the language (preferably Level 4 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale). * English Proficiency: It is strongly preferred, but not required, that candidates provided by the Contractor Company possess sufficient proficiency in English (Level 2 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale) to meet the training and administrative needs of the work in the section. * ACTFL equivalents to the ILR scale are allowable for establishing proficiency levels of contractor personnel. * Cultural Background: Candidates must possess the cultural background of the specific country or geographical region required by submitting proof of being raised or educated in said country, by living in a cultural enclave or heritage community in another country, or by demonstrating through work experience or academic preparation a deep understanding of the region. It is desired, but not required, that contractors should have spent their formal educational (secondary school and beyond) years in the cultural environment and have been schooled there through the equivalent of American secondary school. * Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. In addition, each French Language Instructor shall have the capability to: * Plan and/or conduct small and/or large group language classes using a wide variety of language teaching methodologies and techniques, stressing speaking, listening comprehension, and reading skills. * Conduct informal or formal progress evaluations and/or administer weekly quizzes and assessments to evaluate student progress. * Attend all section and other meetings. * Incorporate the use of instructional technology into the instructional program. * Serve part-time as a mentor to distance learning students. : Additional Preferred Qualifications: 1.BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field preferred. 2.Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula preferred. 3.Experience teaching with the communicative approach preferred. 4.Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching preferred. 5.Experience teaching blending learning activities valued. 6.Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued. 7.Experience administering proficiency-based assessments valued. 8.Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials valued.
ARABIC EGYPTIAN x
ARABIC IRAQI - ALSO GULF x
ARABIC LEBANESE x
ARABIC MODERN STANDARD x
ARABIC SYRIAN x
AZERBAIJAN ALSO AZERI
IBO INCLUDES IGBO
KASHUBIAN ALSO KASZUB
KUSAIE (INCLUDES KUSAII)
LAO ALSO LAOTIAN
LINGALA INCLUDES NGALA
TADJIK ALSO SPELLED TAJIK
THAI INCLUDES SIAMESE
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Monday to Friday
To keep our Language Instructors safe we will operate online until new notice
- Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with individuals with special needs: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Ashburn, VA 20147 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Processes the full range of personnel actions in the Federal Personnel and Payroll System (FPPS) including appointments, reassignments, promotions, transfers and separations.
- Maintains personnel records accurately and establishes/updates Official Personnel records via the e-OPF system.
- Assembles appointment pre-employment papers. Conducts employee orientations, explaining nature of appointment, benefit entitlements and pay. Ensures that all forms are distributed and completed appropriately.
- Maintains a rotating help desk line to assist candidates applying to announcements, current employees with general HR questions and referring more in-depth questions to the HR Specialists.
- Performs support duties to include maintaining merit promotion files, preparing and sending notification letters to candidates and new hires, assembling training materials, and creating and maintaining reports.
Job family (Series)
0203 Human Resources Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- This position is not eligible for 100% Telework (or remote work). The duty station is Reston, VA.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Indian Preference applies
- You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit
- You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
- TELEWORK: Indian Affairs has determined that the duties of the position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
To qualify at the GS-05 grade level, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
A. Specialized Experience - To qualify at the GS-05 grade level, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-04 grade level performing clerical or administrative support functions for a business or an organization such as greeting visitors and responding to inquiries via phone, mail, email or in person; preparing correspondence and reports utilizing a variety of computer software systems; maintaining, filing, and distributing records and files; and assisting new employees with the completion of forms related to benefits and/or new appointments.
B. Education - Four full academic years (120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours) beyond high
school at an accredited institution.
C. A combination of education and specialized experience that totals 100% of the requirement.
To qualify at the GS-06 grade level, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level performing all of the following: (1) processing recurring personnel actions in an automated personnel payroll system; (2) navigating a staffing system to determine the status and qualifications of applicants; and (3) assembling and tracking pre-employment paperwork to ensure timely completion of the hiring process.
To qualify at the GS-07 grade level, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-06 grade level performing all of the following: (1) independently processing Federal personnel actions (such as new hires, benefits changes, reassignments, within grade increases, terminations, promotions, etc.) in an automated personnel payroll system and determining legal authorities and nature of action codes; (2) uploading and verifying the accuracy of documents in e-OPF; and (3) computing creditable service.
To qualify at the GS-08 grade level, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level performing all of the following: (1) independently processing the full range of personnel actions using the Federal Personnel and Payroll System (FPPS), including appointments, separations, transfers, and promotions; (2) providing guidance concerning FEHB and FEGLI programs and processing enrollment changes; AND (3) researching and resolving complex payroll issues including the processing of multiple corrections.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.
If you are qualifying based on your education, you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.
One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education which shows the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: FOREIGN EDUCATION
All new hires earn the beginning salary of their pay grade (Step 1). See 2020 Salary Table here.
The full performance level of this position is GS-08. Promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. A career ladder promotion is at the discretion of management, and in no way guaranteed.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies become available.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp .
Under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) two groups of individuals are eligible to apply under this announcement: current and/or former employees serving or who have served under time-limited competitive appointments at land management agencies. Land Management Agencies include: Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service, and U.S. Forest Service.
- Current appointees: 1) must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency; 2) must have served under one or more time limited appointment(s) by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; AND 3) must have performed at an acceptable level during each period of service.
- Former appointees: 1) must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency; 2) must have served under one or more time limited appointment(s) by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; 3) must have separated for reasons other than misconduct or performance; AND 4) must have performed at an acceptable level through the service period.
Certain candidates may be eligible to apply under a special hiring authority including those for disabled individuals, Peace Corps employees, Foreign Service employees, veterans, etc. For more information, visit the following OPM websites: USAJOBS Information Center: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/; Vets Info Guide: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/.
Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. Most individuals who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will be evaluated against the minimum qualification requirements specified above. In order to qualify, your resume must specifically describe your work history and the duties you performed in each position. Your resume will be evaluated after the closing date of 07/06/2020 to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Qualified candidates will then be rated as best qualified, well qualified, or qualified depending on their possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies and experience requirements as demonstrated by your responses to the assessment questions. Competencies measured include:
- Customer Service
- Personnel and Human Resources
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If the information in your resume does not support your responses to the assessment questions, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications.
Qualified Indian preference candidates will be referred to the hiring manager in order of veterans' preference.
You may preview the assessment questions here in the https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10846793. Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur in the same location within 90 days from the closing date.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
Suitability/Fitness, National security
The following documents are required for this position:
- Resume which details work experience including dates worked (mm/yy-mm/yy), position title, Grade (if federal service), and hours worked per week.
- On-line Assessment Questionnaire
- Most recent SF-50 (if applying under merit promotion. Be sure your SF-50 displays your tenure in box 24, your position in box 34, and that the SF-50 is not an award)
- Transcripts (if using education to qualify) - Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, an official transcript may be requested at a later time.
- Veteran's documentation - (if applicable) VA letter on VA letterhead stating your overall combined rating, SF-15, DD-214 (copy 4) reflecting an honorable discharge and dates of active duty military service.
- Special Appointing Authority documentation (if applying under a special hiring authority)
- BIA Form 4432 (if claiming Indian preference)
- Performance Appraisal (if applying under the Land Management Flexibility Act)
If you are unable to apply online, require reasonable accommodation in the application process if you are an applicant with a disability, or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM Eastern Time ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. If your application package is incomplete in any way, you will not be considered for this position, and requests for extensions will not be granted. Please double check your application package before you submit it.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED OR ACCEPTED BY THIS OFFICE.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, DAS-M, Office of Human Capital Management in Reston, Virginia. The position will contribute to the mission of the Bureau of Indian Affairs by providing technical support in the areas of personnel record retention, applicant pre-employment, new employee orientation, personnel action processing, and other related HR functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Native Americans or Alaskan Natives with a tribal affiliation.
Clarification from the agency
Current or former career or career-conditional Federal employees in the competitive service Indian preference eligibles (must submit a BIA Form 4432) Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated from the armed forces with an honorable discharge Government employees eligible through an Interchange agreement Candidates eligible under Non-Competitive special hiring authority Current or former time-limited employees eligible under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
The Registrar provides direct support to new families at the school and ensures that the student is registered following the regulations set by the state and local school board. Registrars are administrative professionals whose duties include the maintenance of student records. These records include, but are not limited to, attendance records, immunization records, grades, and transfer information. In addition to understanding both the school's systems and general office technologies, registrars also handle a large number of administrative duties for school administrators in their day-to-day work. They may be called on to handle reporting duties, take care of transcript requests, maintain schedules, prepare documents, and inform higher-level administrators of possible upcoming issues.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
- Responds to request for information made from the public, parents, staff, and or other interested parties.
- Answers questions within area of authority; directs callers/visitors to appropriate location or staff member.
- Meets with parents and collects required information to register new or transferring students; ensures that all required documentation is provided; submits registrations and maintains waitlist.
- Manages school entry; verifies and documents all personnel entering and leaving the school premises.
- Verifies student attendance and contacts parent and or guardian to complete a follow up, documents absences, tardiness, and early pickups. Works with attendance officers in identifying attendance truancy concerns.
- Enrolls student into the student information systems manually or processes the online pre-registration.
- Directs students that need to be referred to the Welcome Center for evaluation of english language skills or to the special education office for additional services.
- Assembles, prepares, and maintains the student’s scholastic record per LCPS guidelines. Prepares student files for summer transfer and reviews all incoming student files.
- Prepares, provides, and maintains a variety of logs, spreadsheets, paperwork, forms, general and specific correspondence, and or other related information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Files documents and maintains an organized, confidential and secure area for student records.
- Makes copies, and or sends documents electronically, by fax, or via mailing.
- Collects legal documentation and works with the Senior Registrar to maintain accurate data which affect the ParentVUE and StudentVUE systems.
- Works closely with the Senior Registrar, special permission office, transportation, and the McKinney Vento liaison regarding unique registration scenarios.
- Assists families with activation of ParentVUE system.
- Stays current on pupil accounting changes/requirements at the state and local level.
- Coordinates resources to provide translation services/interpreters where needed.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of MS Work, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to make all families feel welcome in the school and the community
- Ability to work efficiently and ensure accurate data entry
- Exceptional customer support skills
- Demonstrate ability to ensure confidentiality, discretion and sensitivity to diverse family situations
- Ability to work at a very fast pace and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of school-based software and data systems preferred
- Knowledge of the student information systems and the complexities of the many different reporting requirements preferred
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Classified Salary Scale , Level 11
Reports to: Principal
The School Board also recognizesand values the diversity of the students and broader community it serves andencourages diversity within its workforce.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
Protect yourself from coronavirus (COVID-19). Get remote work. We provide the best remote work vacancies.
Technology companies operating in Canada and specializing in remote work say they’re bracing for a spike in inquiries, sales and users amid an outbreak of a novel coronavirus.
They say their phones have been ringing constantly, sales teams are busy helping new customers and other staff are prepping their systems for higher volumes of traffic as offices across Canada figure out how to bring their workplaces online.
“It is a busy time and we expect to be very busy as this continues to progress,” said Ben Scavuzzo, the head of consultancy at TOPdesk, a company that streamlines information technology systems for businesses.
Many companies weren’t dabbling in remote work even before the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 started to spread.
About 47 per cent of Canadians worked from home for half the week, according to a 2017 survey from workplace solutions company Regus Canada of more than 20,000 businesses from more than 100 countries.
THERE ARE MORE SUITABLE VACANCIES
THAN YOU THINK
The main reason for the poor performance in self-searching for work is that most employers who are ready to invite you to a suitable position cannot do this because they are not aware of your existence.
WHAT IS THE REASON?
This happens due to the fact that it is impossible to respond to more than a third of the vacancies you are interested in, even if you have enough free time and special tools.
Browse Our 6,000+ Latest Jobs
Get your best job in here
After becoming a mom, and desperately wanting to avoid an Toronto commute, Karen from Brampton used JoobSeek to find her new flex job. Initially, she was looking for telecommuting work but was intrigued by a part-time role at Chick-fil-A, and it ended up being a great fit. Thanks to her new job, Karen has more free time for her family and better overall work-life balance!
Lori found not one but two flexible jobs using JobSeek! When her career took a turn, Lori returned to JobSeek because she knew her job search would be fruitful. Using the search options, Lori was able to target her search so she could find a job that fit in her life at that moment. Knowing there was a platform she could trust to find work-from-home nursing jobs was a huge relief.
Regina, a talented artist, is an aspiring actress and is using flexible work to support her goals. While pursuing her acting career, Regina wanted and needed a flexible role that would give her additional income. She also needed something that allowed her to flex her schedule around her acting career. Additionally, the very busy artist has a side business as a painter, so JobSeek was a must, and JobSeek was the answer.
Although Phil was already a remote worker, he needed a little more flex to step into his new role as caregiver. When his family began facing some challenging health issues, he couldn’t help but want to move closer to home to help out where he could—and his search began. After Upload Resume with SeekJob, Phil found a full-time remote job closer to home that gave him the flexibility he was looking for as he embarked on a new journey in his life.
Why trust us?
We are aware of all vacancies on the Internet
The employer publishes a vacancy and in a couple of minutes we are sending him your CV. The recruiter does not even have time to have a cup of coffee. It doesn't matter where the vacancy has been posted - on a well-known job site or only on his corporate site, we will instantly find out about it and send your resume.
We are hardworking
We send your resume to a large number of companies. The more companies receive your resume, the more interview invintation you will get which means that you'll have more options to choose a perfect job from. Our main task is not only to find you the right job, but also to give you the opportunity to choose the best option.
Application Tracking System Trap
All large companies use special software Application Tracking System. Often, your resume does not even get to the recruiter, as they do not pass the formal requirements. We know how to increase the chance that your resume will reach the right recruiter.
Individual approach to each client
The main guarantee of the quality of your employment is that your personal consultant is responsible for the result - an experienced employment specialist who is personally interested in actively promoting your candidacy and providing you with the best option for a new job.
Make the Match!
Connecting human potential to meaningful work and creating value for our clients. We match people to the work that inspires them. We love it when the customer chooses our candidate. We enjoy competing and we like to win.
We crave a fair playing field. No shortcuts. Best efforts. We are relentless in our pursuit of talented people to join our company. We aspire to bring the right person to the right job every time.
Within 24 hours we select vacancies that are suitable according to your resume and wishes to the future employer. The number depends on your resume and wishes, usually it is 100-150 vacancies.